Founder of AdriaticYoga; managing & operational chief • Yoga Teacher since 2009, Yoga Alliance RYT 500 Certified • Practitioner of Vipassana S.N. Goenka meditation since 2009 • Originally from Croatia, currently living in Ireland • Lived in London, Thailand and India
I am the creator of Adriatic Yoga. Born in Croatia, I left in 1998 and have since lived in London, Thailand, and India. Now based in Ireland I teach classical Hatha yoga and Vinyasa style classes.
Adriatic Yoga was created with the dream of sharing my native country’s beauty with inspiring yoga teachers and students, and this is now a reality. Every year this creation gives me a clear direction for growth, sharing and connection and I feel very blessed and thankful for its continued development.
My first experience with yoga was in 2004 with Iyengar teacher Greg Walsh from Samadhi.ie in Dublin. The occasional classes I attended were the only thing at the time that really allowed me to connect to myself and feel alive. Almost every class brought a big smile to my face and inner being and I would always feel in high spirits and challenged, yet very, very rewarded. As a result in 2008 I decided to take a break from my busy schedule of full time work and college, and left to explore yoga and all of its eight limbs.
Below is a timeline of my yogic background.
- Thailand, 2008/9 I studied with various teachers and obtained my first 200 hour Teacher Training Certificate from Randall O’Really at JungleYoga.net in Thailand, Koh Phangan. Here I was also blessed with 9 months teaching yoga asana to private clients, as well as teaching classes within different resorts on the island. This is when my inner journey began. I read, practiced and meditated to my complete potential in that particular time. In 2009 I moved back to Ireland where I continued teaching asana and some mindfulness meditation practices.
- India, 2011 I continued my self discovery with yoga asana and meditation and attended my second Teacher Training Course of Hatha and Ashtanga yoga with Mahesh at Omkarananda center. I also attended Santosh Puri Ashram and practiced with a number of different teachers such as Iyengar teacher Usha Devi in Rishikesh, and Mataji, Ganga, Alkananda and Mandakini in Haridwar – they will always have a very special place in my heart.
- Ireland, 2014 My love for Ashtanga Yoga was born through practicing with Suzanne and John Brennan at the Ashtanga Yoga Shala Dublin, yogashala.ie. Suzanne & John teach in a traditional way as taught by the late Sri K. Pattabhi Jois and his grandson R. Sharath Jois in Mysore, India.
- India, 2015/16 During 7 months I studied Ashtanga yoga in Mysore with two main teachers, the first Saraswati, daughter of Shri K. Pattabhi Jois in K Pattabhi Jois Ashtanga Yoga Institute – Mysore, KPJAYI. The second Vijay Kumar, my time with whom I remember most dearly. I was also blessed with months of teachings in Mysore from Dr. M.A. Jayashree and Professor M. A. Narasimhan on the Bhagavad- Gita and The Yoga Sūtras of Patañjali – for this I have so much gratitude and blessings.
- Global, since 2010 From this year I learned Vipassana meditation as taught by S.N. Goenka in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin. This particular Vipassana technique is a real treasure, a transformative practice which helps me to experience equanimity of the mind. I continue to develop this technique through annual retreats.
To this date I am fully qualified, 500 hours Yoga Alliance certified.
This journey within yoga including asana, meditation practices and all of its traditions has given me a chance to grow and be a better person. The most special gift has been the ability to help my mother, Visnja, in her health issues. She is now a dedicated yoga asana practitioner which has greatly helped her with arthritis, asthma, and so much more; and for this I am always grateful – a very special feel in my heart.
Metta to all of you.