Introduced to yoga in 2004, Kristina has been teaching since 2009 and is qualified with 500 hours RYT Teacher Training. She has trained with a number of senior teachers from several yoga lineages including Iyengar, classical Hatha and Ashtanga. She is continually studying and regularly travels to India to both deepen her yoga knowledge and broaden her horizons.
Active Detox Yoga Retreat
Open to everybody, this retreat is for those whose aim is to nourish themselves, relax and explore their connection to body and mind. Provided is a basic, gentle approach to the Ashtanga yoga practice, simple mindfulness meditation and classical Hatha yoga with alignment based asana. Each student will also enjoy a private class to address individual needs and really develop their practice.
This is a detox retreat and therefore sugar, caffeine, gluten, meat and dairy are excluded from the diet ‐ instead a nourishing vegetarian menu will be prepared daily by our onsite chef.
Expect a mental, physical and conscious shift: re‐directing your focus of attention away from one fixation and towards the inte rnal focus of attention. As this is the main goal of the retreat are not excursions, instead we recommend you bring some good reading and comfortable shoes for walking.
- All inclusive: breakfast, lunch and dinner will be prepared daily by our personal chef, an expert in vegetarian and vegan cuisine
- Small group ‐ max 16 people
- Morning practice: gentle intro to Ashtanga yoga (asana) primary series and basic pranayama (breathing technique)
- Evening practice: Hatha yoga alignment based practice followed by deep relaxation
- Private yoga asana class to address individual requests
- Shared accommodation in luxurious historic stone houses
- Access to a herbal sauna and pool
- All top quality yoga equipment available: mats, foam blocks, wooden bricks, bolsters & belts (Manduka brand)
The retreat is situated in Orihi, small village in Barban town in the southern part of eastern Istria, Croatia. On top of the village, within the centuries-old walls, which guarantees privacy and security.
Nearest stunning beach is Trget from Karvan. Beach is 30km away from the Retreat. Half an hour drive, see map HERE.
And Premantura beach, one can jump from the Cape Kamenjar cliffs
This setting is for the group that is seeking total tranquility and indulgence of nature, yoga and good food.